Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Midnight visitors

We set up the stealth cam around the front of the cottage last night because a bear has been wandering by here the past few days.

Sunday morning, Lucy saw it and let EVERYONE know and treed it in the same tree as before. Good guard dog!!
But once again, by the time I grabbed my camera, it was gone.
Late Sunday night the bear returned and thanks to the powerful nose and watchful eye of Lucy who informed us, but it was too dark and I couldn't see where it went.

Last night, this is what came by,

This is most likely Stompy. She came around at about 8:30pm last night looking for an apple. She was probably helping herself to the lilies and my geranium planter that I forgot to bring in.


An hour or so later, the camera was triggered as something new was coming into view. It's the furry lump on the left.


I'm thinking it's a raccoon. Our hummingbird feeder is missing it's base this morning and judging by the size of the furry lump, no protruding ears and a longish tail, it's got to be 'coon.



1 comment:

  1. I bet you feel like you run a zoo part of the time! They at least provide photographic opportunities.

    ReplyDelete