Thursday, January 22, 2015

Fire!

When Lucy went outside Tuesday evening, I noticed an odd orange glow coming from way across the lake in the direction of the airport.
The bright orange light lit up billowing smoke, so I knew it was a fire and a big one at that.

Turning to Twitter, which is the only reliable source of news around here, it was indeed a cottage on fire not too far from town on Muskoka Beach Road.

The fire was far away, it was black outside and my camera isn't the best but despite those challenges, here's a photo.


Eventually information about the fire appeared on the news here:
http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/firefighters-face-winter-challenges-1.2199112

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I feel sorry for those people...so often I jokingly say something about seeing if our house is still standing when we come home after being gone for a night or two. But imagine what it would be like to come home and it be gone.

    ReplyDelete