Saturday, April 12, 2014

Morning

When I got up early this morning I was hoping to see the Northern Lights. According to a website I follow that gives the Aurora forecast (click here) it was supposed to be active.

The sky was clear, stars were brightly shining but there was not even a faint green ghostly glow of the Aurora Borealis in the northern sky.

A little while later just before dawn, Venus was in  the south eastern sky. Apparently, this morning Neptune is passing slightly below Venus but according to astronomers it's difficult to see even through a telescope.

No matter, I got a photo of Venus. It's the tiny white dot between where the pine branches meet the birch branches. In real life, it's much brighter. My camera isn't exactly the Hubble telescope that's for sure.


Tuesday there will be a lunar eclipse.  If the sky is clear we'll set out our telescope and try to get some photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment