Monday, October 27, 2014

Art

One of my favourite artists is Charles Pachter. I love all of his work; his paintings, his graphics, his sculpture…all of it.

Today on my way home from a trip to the dentist, I stumbled upon his studio.  It was closed but there was no mistaking it was his studio.




In the parking lot is this sculpture called Mooseplung2.




On the door, is another small sculpture and for anyone who knows or admires his work, you'd know right off this must be Pachter's place.


In collaboration with Margaret Atwood he has illustrated a book called The Illustrated Journals of Susanna Moodie.
I plan to put this book on my Christmas List.


For me, it's good to know it won't be too far to travel when he has an exhibit and this studio.

Meanwhile here are a few Pachter pieces. The images are from his website http://www.cpachter.com

Dressed to Kill

Ceremonial

Red Barn Reflected

On The Road Again
In keeping with the above painting, check out Pachters "Tweet"
https://twitter.com/CharlesPachter1/status/526908028394950656

No comments:

Post a Comment