Monday, January 19, 2015

Mid-January

When I came home from town today I noticed turkey tracks in the driveway. There haven't been turkey's around here since last spring.


As I walked towards the cottage, hiding around the corner and under a bird feeder were seven turkey's.

By the time I grabbed my camera I could only capture a few of them as they scampered off into the woods.


Funny how they run away instead of flying.


The turkey's will be back now that they discovered spilled seed from the feeder.

Meanwhile back at the cottage, the snow on the roof is hanging looking more like misplaced fondant for a cake. It's hanging down quite a bit over the windows and is slowly obstructing the view.


On the Gazebo the snow looks like a tam and the snow covered whale weathervane looks like a pom-pom.


It sure is pretty outside and quiet too.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine having turkeys come to my feeder...but would enjoy it if they did. That looks like a pile of snow on that roof...wondering how long it will take for it to all melt off.

    I for one am so glad the days are getting longer...even if it is just a minute or two each day.

    ReplyDelete