Sunday, April 27, 2014

Hello lake!

Yesterday, a big hole in the ice opened up far out on the lake.  By morning, there was blue water.

Hello lake!


There are zillions of Muskoka diamonds dancing out there, happy to be back. Well at least I'm happy to see them back.


There is still quite a bit of ice in the bay.  Some areas seem quite thick too so it might not be until Wednesday before all the ice is gone.

The water level seems to have peaked, but it's still high though.
Our boathouse docks are still underwater and our neighbours dock is just barely covered in water. Their bubbler is literally bubbling up in the middle of their dock and it looks like water boiling.


I think Muriel is nesting closeby. I see her on her own without Ralph. And I see Ralph patrolling the shoreline.
I'll bet they're glad there is finally open water.


I'm glad there's open water too and can't wait to get the boat launched. Maybe we'll do it next week if it warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment