Thursday, February 5, 2015

Good morning -22oC

The days are getting longer and the sun is rising earlier each day. Maybe that groundhog was indeed on to something.

This morning the sky was a beautiful shade of orange.



As the sun rose higher the sky became pink.


Right now it's lighting up the interior of the cottage with a warm golden hue.


Outside the snow is squeaking with each step, the trees are popping, the lake is groaning and blue jays wings are fluttering. A virtual orchestra.

There were at least 30 jays in the trees but only a few bold ones ventured down while I was outside with my camera.



1 comment:

  1. I am just so glad the days are getting longer...love your jaybird shot.

    As to the hawk on my blog...you were/are probably right that it was a Rough Legged Hawk...sure looks like it when comparing the pictures at All About Birds...and even google images. I just thought I had had my eye on since it was low to the ground....but I was watching so many I may have got mixed up. (Northern Harriers will swoop all over the land--low to the ground as in those other two photos...plus they can hover in air....but they will sometimes fly up high like other hawks when they are moving to a new territory. I just love to watch them all...

    ReplyDelete