Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cottage Crafts

We picked up a pallet the other day for free from the local lumber yard.

PetBoy was eager to do a cottage craft, so he put the boards together and screwed two other boards along the backside to hold them all in place.

Then using a small amount of Minwax, he stained it black wiping a little of the paint off as he went along.

I found a moose silhouette graphic and we drove to town to have it blown up 300% at the local print shop. It cost $7.90.

Then David cut out the outline making a stencil and laid it over the stained boards. Using red paint leftover from a cottage craft project done years ago, filled in the cut out section.

Voila!

Moose Head wall art at an affordable price.


It's kind of heavy so it will need a heavy duty wire to hang it up.

I was thinking we could make more. Maybe smaller ones.
Like maybe even 4 small ones in varying colours like an Andy Warhol did, only make them moose heads  instead of Marilyn heads.


Cottage crafts are always fun. This one is going to be hung up in a bedroom that's decorated in black and red plaid.


I think I'll make some pillows using the same method but maybe have a deer head and maybe a bear.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, I love it....I will have to put my thinking cap on and think what I would like done like that. It would be something fun to hang on the side of the house, even.

    ReplyDelete