Friday, May 15, 2015

Deer!

We haven't seen any deer around here for months. No one has.

This morning I was sure I heard a loud deer-like snort coming from the woods. Lucy started barking too. Upon further investigation, I didn't see a thing even though Lucy kept barking.

Then tonight around 7 pm we saw 2 deer crossing the road.

My camera wasn't working properly (operator error) and the flash kept going off but here's the photo.


When I figured out how to make the flash stay off, I got another photo.  Right over the tail end of the deer in the foreground is the head of a smaller deer, perhaps her young one from last year.

They camouflage so well in the forest.


These may be the only 2 deer around here. A far cry from previous years when there were 30+ in the local herd.
The coywolves seem to have moved on so maybe these two will be around all summer.

1 comment:

  1. It would be fun to look out the window and see wildlife like this!

    ReplyDelete